Following the announcement that schools will be opening to all children form Monday 8th March, I thought it would be helpful to remind parents of some key information relevant to the safe and smooth operating of the school in this Covid19 world. The start and end of day times and procedures remain the same, but here is a reminder:-
Start of the Day
*Siblings are to arrive at the time of the eldest sibling
End of the Day
|Pavement opposite top gate
|Pavement opposite top gate
*Siblings are to be collected at time of eldest sibling (if this includes a sibling in Class 1, then please collect from the infant playground.
- Please arrive and depart promptly.
- Please ensure you maintain 2m distancing at the start and end of the day – this is so important to keep the class ‘bubbles’ apart. If there happened to be a positive case of Covid19 within school, and the class ‘bubbles’ were not kept apart, then this could lead to school closure – which we do not want to happen.
- Children should only be collected by members of their own family/household or support bubble.
- Class 3 & 4 Parents: Please be considerate of local residents’ property and access when collecting children at the end of the day from the top gate.
- If you are going to be late collecting, please notify the school, and then wait until after 15:25, when all other children have left the school grounds.
- Care Club will be available, but we kindly stress that parents should only book Care Club if absolutely essential and not as a convenience. We have a limit to the numbers that we can take and we need to ensure that we prioritise those essential workers.
- Bookings can only be made a week in advance, and should be made by noon on the Thursday for the following week – so the earliest booking for the week beginning 8th March is Monday 1st March.
- Further details in Care Club Procedures.
- Care Club Procedures
Illness / Self Isolating
- Please keep children at home if they are ill.
- If your child is displaying any coronavirus type symptoms, then they need to stay at home and be booked for a coronavirus test.
- Inform the school that your child/children won’t be attending due to self-isolating, as well as whether it is due to having symptoms and going for a test, or whether they are a primary contact of someone who has tested positive.
- Let the school know when the test is booked.
- As soon as the results of a test are known please inform the school via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (out of hours) or a phone call (in hours). This is really important.
- Ensure the school has an accurate email address, as if children are well they will be expected to follow our Remote Learning Policy
Due to the need for prompt arrivals and departures, as well as social distancing, we kindly remind parents that they ring or email the school with any queries. If the query is general then please use the email@example.com address, or if it is specific to a class then you are welcome to use the class email addresses.
Uniform and Belongings
- We do feel uniform is really important, so kindly ask that full school uniform, including appropriate black school shoes are worn.
- Children can wear PE uniform all day on PE days.
- Children must bring in minimal belongings, so just a packed lunch (if required) and waterbottle, waterproof coat and reading book, all in ONE bag please.
Thank you so much for all your positive support throughout the Autumn Term and the last 8 weeks. We know that school is still going to be operating in a Covid secure way rather than normal, and we look forwards to your continued patience and understanding so that we can keep school as normal as possible for the children, whilst respecting everyone’s safety and well-being.