The Governing body for Brown Clee C.E. Primary School has a range of responsibilities to ensure the school is providing high quality education for your children. The Governing body is made up of a number of individuals from a range of backgrounds, from staff, parents, local community members, representatives of the Diocese and those elected by the Local Authority (LA). All of the Governing body are elected members.
The Governing Body:
- Provides a strategic overview
- Acts as a critical friend
- Ensures accountability
In doing so they, in partnership with the Headteacher, are responsible for:
- Determining the aims and objectives for the school;
- Monitoring pupil progress;
- Interviewing and appointing staff;
- Allocating the school budget, so that national and local requirements are met and to ensure that our children’s needs are met;
- Managing the buildings;
- Deciding how the school is to be used outside school hours;
- Fostering good relationships with parents and the local community.
This is not an exhaustive list.
If you would like more information on the role of a school governor or are interested in becoming a governor, visit the Shropshire Council website here: shropshire.gov.uk/school-governors or contact the school office.