We have been notified that our SIAMs Inspection is being held on Wednesday this week (9th March).
SIAMS stands for the Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools. All Church of England Schools receive a Section 48 Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools (SIAMS) in addition to the regular Section 5 Ofsted inspection. These inspections take place on a five year cycle.
The Inspection focuses on one key question: How effective is the school’s distinctive Christian vision, established and promoted by leadership at all levels (including governors), in enabling pupils and adults to flourish?
This question is evaluated through seven strands:
- Strand 1: Vision and Leadership
- Strand 2: Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills
- Strand 3: Character Development: Hope, Aspiration and Courageous Advocacy
- Strand 4: Community and Living Well Together
- Strand 5: Dignity and Respect
- Strand 6: The impact of collective worship
- Strand 7: The effectiveness of religious education
We are very proud of being a Church of England school and feel that we have got lots to celebrate. As parents, you are important partners in helping us to help children flourish. A group of parents are meeting with the Inspector on the day to share their thoughts – unfortunately we are limited on numbers for this group, however, if you wish your comments to be included, please feel free to send in a report, either by email or letter.