Y3&4 – Summer Term – Week 12 – Lesson 5: Maths Challenges
Some schools don’t finish for the summer until next week and so Bitesize says about next week being the last week of term, but that’s fine, this is still the right maths challenge for today!
Finding out about fossils
Shropshire Myths and Legends – The The Devil’s Chair – Questions
Please answer the questions below in full sentences.
- Where is The Devil’s Chair located?
- What is quartzite?
- Find the two words in the text which mean the same as “eroded”.
- What landscape feature looked like the spine of a dinosaur?
- Where was the devil coming from?
- Where was the devil trying to get to?
- Where did the devil rest?
- Why do you think that the devil gave up trying to fill Hell’s Gutter with rocks?
Baking – Peach Cobbler
Over the last week the children in Class 3 have been working very hard to develop stories of their own based on the characters and style of writing in their class reader “The Golden Acorn” by Catherine Cooper.
Y3&4 – Summer Term – Week 11 – Lesson 5: Maths Challenges
The most suitable questions for Year 3 are 1, 2, 3 & 4; The most suitable questions for Year 4 are 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5.